Liquefied natural gas
JSC Avtogaz under the contract with JSC Gazprom has worked out complex concept concerning transfer automobile an
d tractor vehicles on gas fuel, basing on the modern gas liquefying complex at gas-distribution stations,
jointly with means of its storage, transportation, gasification and filling, under condition of economic efficiency for supplier and customer as well. JSC Avtogaz has fulfilled works and has prepared the investment offers providing transfer automobile and tractor vehicles on gas fuel in the regions kept away from gas networks. Analysis of offers for concrete conditions of real enterprise has shown high efficiency of investments in this economic sector. All possible ways of gas delivery and conditions of gas use as motor fuel by agricultural
machinery have been studied and analyzed, including:
• Delivery of compressed natural gas by mobile gas refuelers, serviced at automobile gas-filling compressor stations (АГНКС);
• Delivery of liquefied natural gas to the refueling point by mobile regasifier with subsequent refueling of agricultural machines by the same gasifier, equipped with cryogenic high pressure pump and evaporator – so called cryogenic-compression technology;
•• Work of agricultural machines using liquefied natural gas, delivered in cryogenic tank with it gasification directly on board – it is cryogenic technology.
Analysis and calculations carried out have shown essential advantage of cryogenic-compression technology in comparison with gas delivery by mobile gas refuelers.
The use of the cryogenic-compression technology results in:
• 1,4 times increase (4300 m3 against 3100 m3) of the quantity of refueled gas;
• 5 times decrease (5 tons against 25 tons) of the mass of the technological equipment;
• • Remaining costs of the technological equipment at the same level.
As a consequence, the above mentioned expenditure
on gas delivery becomes lower and the refueling cycle becomes technologically more simple. JSC Avtogaz has developed in detai
l the cryogenic refueling technology. This variant differs principally from the previous one in that liquefied natural gas is
used as fuel by a transporting gas vehicle. For example, the K-700 tractor carries two 600 l total volume cryogenic side tanks
with 360 m3 gas. Gasification of liquefied natural gas is carried out directly on the tractor by using heat,
abstracted from its engine.
The use of liquefied natural gases, instead of compressed gas, has following advantages making
•To prolong the operational time of tractor after one refueling from 4, 3 to 9 hours (time of one working shift).
Empty runs of tractor and idle time while refueling decrease;
•To use a standard lower cost cryogenic tank instead of a mobile high pressure gasifier.
Realization of the potentials of gas motor fuel introduction into gasification of remote regions, refueling of automobile and agricultural vehicles with the use of liquefied natural gas technology is possible only if a liquefied natural gas production complex has been created.
Such a complex should include:
• Means for liquefied natural gas delivery to consumption places;
• Means for liquefied storage in the consumption region;
• Equipment for refueling with liquefied natural gas of the consumer’s facilities.
JSC Avtogaz has developed such a complex and presents it for introduction.